Sunday, May 18, 2008

Dinner at the McCraws

Tonight was a special time at the dinner table. I have been going through depression and still am batteling this and many times more than I could count I would eat standing up eating fast so I could get back on the computer and Shawn would take his meal into the living room and eat and watch TV. Tonight I was feeling exspeically lazy dealing with chronic minegrianes since last week but I said No tonight would be special and I am going to be more intentional to make meal times speical and something to look forward to.

So....................What I did was this I set the table with our fine china and new glasses I made a nice pasta I had mine with butter Shawn likes tomato sauce (Ragu) and we had vegetables green beans. I got the nicest candle I could find and lit the candle at dinner. Shawn blesses us by going to the soda machine and we shared a coke which was a special treat and I put ice into the glasses and Shawn poured the soda.

We actually sat and had eye contact and talked and talked and talked (for me that is not an issue:) We discussed Gods will for our life and we discussed the possibility of us going into more ministry as the Lord plans, Shawn lovingly pointed out to me I cant do things by myself or always get my way about everything, but to lean on Jesus who gives us strength to do the tasks we do and to do everything because apart from Christ we can do nothing see Philippians 4:13 and John 15:5. We had instrumental music playing in the back round as well as praise music.

It was a very enjoyable night being in fellowship with my husband as well as enjoying our meal and not taking meal time for granted. Dinner at the McCraws is going to be more of a celebration and less of a ritual from now on Be encouraged e4g

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First off I would be nothing without Jesus Christ see John 15:5. He is my everything and my all in all. Secondly I am married to a very speical man who wants to serve the Lord with all of his heart, the gift is not so much being married although that is awesome but knowing we have a Saviour we can come to at all times for all things that we go through in our lives. We relocated from New York in January of 2007 and the Lord has been so good to us when you see this blog please keep me in prayer for the right job that the Lord wants me to have. I thank the Lord for the finished work of Jesus Christ dying on the cross for our sins so we can be saved.