Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A very speical date night:)

You know when you have been married a long time, it is very easy to take your spouse for granted and it is easy to let days be ordinary and not push as hard to do speical things like when we were courting.

Our care group did not meet tonight and our leader said as our assignement for spouses to go out on a date night, so Shawn took me out and it was so wonderful. We went to Riparian park and walked around and saw the ducks and took pictures with our cell phones of the ducks and the sunset nature is so beautiful and speical a gift from God. Then we went to the library and we read some poetry to each other from Maya Angelou and then I look at some of Shawn's astronomy books with him.

We then went to McDonalds and got a small sundae each for dessert, I got mine with chocolate syrup and Shawn got his with strawberry syrup.

Then we came home and spend time together and I have to say I am very blessed to be married. Being married is a privilege not a right. It is hard to believe that we will be married 15 years in the fall. the Lord has blessed us as we have grown closer to Him and also to each other.

I want to dedicate this post to my husband my beloved Shawn Richard because you have blessed with with your love, romance, kindness, sense of humor and the way you lead our household in the Lord and the way you live for Jesus each day. I love you so much and I have nothing but the highest respect for you. All my love forever Jennifer

No comments:

About Me

My photo
First off I would be nothing without Jesus Christ see John 15:5. He is my everything and my all in all. Secondly I am married to a very speical man who wants to serve the Lord with all of his heart, the gift is not so much being married although that is awesome but knowing we have a Saviour we can come to at all times for all things that we go through in our lives. We relocated from New York in January of 2007 and the Lord has been so good to us when you see this blog please keep me in prayer for the right job that the Lord wants me to have. I thank the Lord for the finished work of Jesus Christ dying on the cross for our sins so we can be saved.